These are the stories from my heart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job- An upstanding man

Go down

Job- An upstanding man Empty Job- An upstanding man

Post by Come What May Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:48 pm

A few days ago, I finished reading the bible book of Job. I didn't realize how truly awesome he was. Here is a man who is totally blameless and upright. An extreme calamity fell upon him. He lost his livestock, his children and his workers. If that wasn't bad enough, he also suffered humiliation when he got covered with boils from head to toe. Not only that, his own wife told him to "curse God and die." He suffered alone because everyone who saw him considered him disgusting. Can you imagine how troubling and humiliating that was for him?

What I found to be extremely amazing about Job is that his faith in God didn't waiver. He continued to be faithful to God despite what he was going through. He loved God and he valued God's friendship. He was a man blameless and upright and that's the kind of faith I want to have. I want my faith in God to be so strong that no amount of suffering would cause me to hate God.

I have suffered in my lifetime, but God helped me through it because I relied on him. I told him all of my burdens in prayer, and I also read the bible and I felt better because God was there for me. It's as if he holds my heart in his hands and kisses the wounds that it contains. Through pain, through suffering, God will always be there for you. He will never dessert you because he loves you and he wants you to be his friend. If you reach out to him and become his friend, he will be yours.

Come What May
Admin

https://storiesfrommyheart.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum